Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know...it's true! If you're interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading...
SUMMER CAMP LIFE GUARD (TEMPORARY - PART-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary position of Summer Camp Lifeguard to help provide safety and supervision for Southridge School's summer day camp program serving children ages 6 – 14. This is a seasonal part time position running July 2 – 26, 2019 working approximately 35 hours per week. Given the nature of the summer camp program, the incumbent must be available to work the full contract; no exceptions.
If you have a current National Lifeguard Service Award (NLS) certificate, standard first aid certificate, and like to work with children – this is the job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend off-site camp excursions where swimming is part of the daily activities (ex: hiking and swimming excursions)
- Help the camp instructor supervise a group of campers during off-site activities. Where required, supervise a smaller group that you will lead on your own.
- Act as the onsite lifeguard during lake swimming – ensure all campers are supervised and safe always.
- Help ensure a safe, customer-focused, enjoyable day camp program for participants.
- Report all accidents, incidents and areas of concern to the Community & Alumni Relations Manager.
- Proactively identify and solve problems and areas of concerns for campers, parents and volunteers
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with campers, parents and teachers
- Experience working with children and supervising children
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to supervise peers
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Current NLS certification
- Current standard First Aid and CPR level C certification (can be obtained before camps begin)
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
- Experience coaching or instructing children in a recreational capacity is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is February 22, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.