Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know...it's true! If you're interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading...
SUMMER CAMP COORDINATOR (TEMPORARY - PART-TIME LEADING TO TEMPORARY FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary position of Summer Camp Coordinator to help provide planning, leadership and oversight for Southridge School's summer day camp program serving children ages 6 – 14. This is a seasonal position running May 1 – July 31. The position will begin as part time (20 - 25 hours per week) in May and June focusing on camp planning and will increase to fulltime (40 hours per week) in July focusing on camp operations and oversight. Given the nature of the summer camp program, the incumbent must be available to work the full contract; no exceptions.
If you are super organized, customer focused and like to work with children – this is the job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide leadership and recognition to student volunteers
- Prepare paperwork, camp lists, t-shirts, and volunteer recognition letters for each week of camp
- Assist with camper registration and registration changes
- Organize and oversee daily summer camp program operations
- Ensuring a safe, customer-focused, enjoyable day camp program
- Order camp supplies and ensure supplies are replenished
- Organize volunteer schedule including lunch breaks
- Report all accidents, incidents and areas of concern to the Community & Alumni Relations Manager
- Maintain high level of staff morale and conduct by providing mentorship and support to staff and volunteers
- Ensure staff adhere to policies and procedures outlined in the staff handbook
- Proactively identify and solve problems and areas of concerns for staff, parents, campers and volunteers
- Ensure safety of campers and quality assurance management
- Provide lunch supervision as needed
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong program planning experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and teachers
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working with children and supervising staff or volunteers
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to supervise peers
- Strong problem solving and multitasking ability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Minimum one-year post-secondary education in a related field
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Sound judgement in difficult situations
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing work environment
- Current standard First Aid and CPR level C certification (can be obtained before camps begin)
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
- Experience coaching or instructing children in a recreational capacity is an asset
- Although not a requirement, the ability to speak Chinese or Mandarin is considered an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is February 22, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.