Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know...it's true! If you're interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading...
SUMMER CAMP – AFTER CAMP LEADER (TEMPORARY - PART-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary position of After-Camp Leader to help support the operations of Southridge School’s summer day camp program serving children ages 6 – 14. Specifically, the After-Camp Leader will provide lunch relief to the Summer Camp Coordinator and Summer Camp Assistant, oversee camper lunch supervision, and oversee the supervision of the after-camp care program. This is a seasonal part time position running
June 24 – July 26 from approximately 11:30 am – 5:30 pm (30 hours per week). Given the nature of the summer camp program, the incumbent must be available to work the full contract; no exceptions.
If you are super organized, customer focused and like to work with children – this is the job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparing paperwork, camp lists, t-shirts for each week of camp
- Assist with organizing and overseeing daily summer camp program operations
- Manage the summer camp front desk as needed. Provide the highest level of customer service to parents, staff and children enrolled in camps
- Provide lunch supervision to campers and student volunteers
- Supervise the ‘after camp care’ program including oversight of the student volunteers
- Ensure that safety is made a priority for our campers
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and teachers
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working with children and supervising volunteers
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to supervise peers
- Strong problem solving and multitasking ability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Minimum one-year post-secondary education in a related field
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Sound judgement in difficult situations
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing work environment
- Current standard First Aid and CPR level C certification (can be obtained before camps begin)
- Although not a requirement, the ability to speak Chinese or Mandarin is considered an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is February 22, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.