Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well-rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge has affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know...it's true! If you're interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading.
EVENTS AND MARKETING ASSISTANT, 25TH ANNIVERSARY, FULL-TIME (1-YEAR TEMPORARY CONTRACT, APRIL 1, 2019 - APRIL 3, 2020)
Reporting to the Director, Advancement and the Director, Communications and Marketing, the Events and Marketing Assistant will play a key, supportive role in the execution of Southridge's 25th anniversary celebrations. This position is ideally suited for a new graduate or individual who is keen to gain hands-on experience in event implementation and marketing. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter, and eager to learn.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the execution of 25th anniversary marketing and communications initiatives, including uploading web content, crafting 25th anniversary social media content, and supporting event promotions and execution.
- Supports 25th anniversary retail and marketing program by placing product orders, keeping inventory, and selling merchandise at 25th anniversary events.
- Drafts invitations, promotional materials, event itineraries, maps and signs; coordinates the design, production, and distribution of printed materials.
- Assists in 25th anniversary event planning; liaising with and providing administrative support to several event organizers.
- Provides administrative support for all 25th anniversary events, including sending invitations, follow-ups, and thank-you's, tracking RSVP's, communicating event details, and coordinating event set-up and take-down.
- Coordinates volunteers for special events; provides instruction and orientation.
- Maintains a variety of files and records related to the 25th Anniversary, including communications, event revenues and expenditures, records for archival purposes, etc.
- From time-to-time, captures archive-quality photography of 25th anniversary events.
- In support of the 25th Anniversary budget; prepares cheque requisitions, issues receipts, and handles cash. Reviews and tracks event expenses and provides expenditure update for internal tracking purposes.
- Manages inventory of 25th anniversary marketing materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Events, Marketing or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Tech savvy and a quick learner – experience using website content management systems would be beneficial
- Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- A strong writer and communicator
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with anyone
- Dependable and hard-working - someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Sense of humour and positive attitude
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office, and work with multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills, including patience, attentiveness, empathy, and adaptability
- Knowledge of basic graphic design
- Photography skills or interest
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates may be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is February 22, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.