Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know...it's true! If you're interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading...
Admissions Manager (PERMANENT FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Admissions Manager.
The Admissions Manager is an integral part of the Admissions team, responsible to assist the Director of Admissions in attracting and retaining a dynamic and diverse population of students and families who will thrive in our learning environment and are aligned with our school culture.
The Admissions Manager works with the members of the Admissions team to provide exceptional service and support to all prospective and current members of our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the admissions applicant experience from point of inquiry through enrollment ensuring the highest standards of client care are maintained
- Communicates the school’s programs, offerings, mission and culture to prospective candidates and their families through personal interviews, tours and written communication
- Evaluates potential candidates in consultation with the Director of Admissions and serves as a member of the Admission Selection Committee
- Leads the annual re-enrollment process, tracking the enrollment responses of current families and following-up as required
- Generates and analyzes statistical data pertaining to enrollment, retention, and the Financial Assistance Program to inform practice and contribute to the strategic direction of the school
- Conducts market-specific research in order to set enrollment targets and support short and long-term strategic planning
- Oversees the Financial Assistance Program including bursaries, scholarships, and financial aid
- Leads the planning and execution of major events related to admissions and new student enrollment
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Education, or a certificate or diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three to five years of experience is considered an asset
- Managing completing priorities and multiple tasks while maintaining a strong attention to details and accuracy
- High level of initiative, energy and motivation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Advanced interviewing and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and think strategically
- Experience with large scale events or projects
- Experience working with a volunteer base
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- High degree of confidence working with data and statistical analysis
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Motivated by the demands of a fast-paced work environment
- An understanding of and alignment with the ethos/mission of the school
- Prior experience in admissions, an independent school environment, education and/or a working knowledge of the Onboard (Blackbaud) admission module considered an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is April 22, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.